Hand Sanitization: Location, Location, Location
Hand sanitization shouldn’t be seen as a replacement for washing your hands, but rather as a useful supplement to add to your hand washing routines.
If you take note of typical locations of sanitizer dispensers, you’ll notice they are strategically placed to encourage patrons, employees, and others to eradicate bacteria in hotspots like:
Doors – entrances, exits (especially restroom doors)
Reception Areas – handling cash, touching your credit cards, and signing paperwork, etc., expose you to potentially harmful bacteria (especially in a doctor’s waiting room)
Things to Remember:
1) There are many different types of sanitizers. Alcohol-based sanitizers help deter the spread of germs and bacteria, particularly in busy environments like schools and offices.
2) A healthy building is a PRODUCTIVE building! A study in the American Journal of Infection Control (AJIC) found that encouraging the use of hand sanitizers in schools reduced student and faculty absenteeism by almost twenty percent!
3) Don’t use a hand sanitizer if your hands are dirty. Hand sanitizers are not meant to clean your hands. They’re intended to disinfect residues like oil. Soiled hands will prevent hand sanitizers from penetrating down to your skin.
4) The FDA does allow hand sanitizer brands to make viral claims, but – from a scientific perspective – influenza is an enveloped virus. Enveloped viruses, in general, are easily killed or inactivated by alcohol. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are recommending the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer as a preventative measure for flu prevention.
5) Placing dispensers in multiple locations and having signs with instructions will help keep bacteria levels down, which will help to maintain a healthy work environment.
6) No more than a pea-sized amount of sanitizer is necessary. Simply squirt on your palm and rub thoroughly. This will ensure proper sanitization.
Connect with your Weiss Bros sales associate today to learn about our sanitization solutions!
Focused on You,