Hot Off the Press: Benefits of Custom Printing
Branding is an important part of any business. It can reflect the identity of a company. A brand can tell a story through a logo, a slogan, a color or font. When your company has established a brand, it is important to get that brand out into the public so that it can become recognizable. Think about the brands you see everyday and how they’ve established their recognition. When you see yellow arches, you think McDonald’s. When you see a cup with a mermaid, you think Starbucks. When you see a gecko, you think of Geico. It is important to get your brand out in as many places and as many ways as possible to establish this recognition. One very effective way to do this is through the custom printing of products.
According to an article on DesignHill by Charles Darwin, there are 5 benefits that custom printed products can have on your business: Low-Cost Effective Marketing, Instant Brand Recognition, Greater Exposure of Your Business, Works as Your Business Card, and Customer Loyalty. Let’s break these down:
1) Low-Cost Effective Marketing: Advertising campaigns on a large scale can be very expensive, and sometimes seem out of reach for smaller businesses with lower marketing budgets. So how can your business get its name out there? By putting your logo on products your business is already distributing. For example, a food service company is already using products such as cups, napkins, cutlery kits, etc. Custom printing a brand identifier, such as a logo, onto these products can effectively spread the brand, and it’s typically a very inexpensive but effective marketing tool. Essentially, your customers begin providing your business with a free form of advertising by bringing branded products out into the public.
2) Instant Brand Recognition: Placing a logo on your products can be a great way to get customers to remember and recognize your business. According to Darwin, “An article published in technomarketinginc.com states that 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser of a promotional product they’d received in the last two years.” This recognition is a key factor for drawing in new customers and retaining current ones.
3) Greater Exposure of Your Business: We all see ads on billboards while driving and commercials while at home. They can be effective, but they don’t last long. There’s only a matter of seconds for a company to get their message across. When you add your brand to something the customer actually has in their hands and takes with them, it can leave a much more lasting impression. Not only does it reach the customer who has the item, but it also reaches everyone that the customer has contact with while using the item. For example, the branding on a coffee cup is seen by the customer the entire time they are using the cup, and by everyone around them. A logo on a sandwich wrapper is seen by the customer the entire time they’re eating, and by whoever else they’re around such as when they’re eating in a lunch or conference room. This lasting impression can spread your brand to a wider audience, and increase the chance of consumers remembering it.
4) Works As Your Business Card: Custom printed products can help get the message across about your business, just like a business card. Products, such as cups, can contain your logo, slogan, contact info, company message, etc. They can even help build the social media following of your business and play into social media campaigns by integrating items such as QR Codes onto your products. These codes can be scanned by customers on their phone, directing them to a social media site, contest, or giveaway.
5) Customer Loyalty: Building your brand is crucial to retaining customer loyalty. It’s important to get your name out there, but it’s also important to make sure that name is associated with quality. Be sure to use quality products when custom printing. You don’t want your logo to be on cups that leak or bags that are always tearing open. The better the product, the better the chance of customers coming back to your brand, and recommending that brand to others.
Popular products for custom printing are usually cups, napkins, floor matting, cutlery kits, sandwich wrap, t-shirt bags, and to-go containers. If your company is new to custom printing, items that are typically good to start with are napkins, sandwich wrap, bags, and floor matting. These items typically require low minimum orders and are cost-effective, which is great for getting your feet wet in the custom printing world. At Weiss Bros., we offer custom printing options for all of these products and more. Call us at 301-739-3069 to talk with a sales rep and order custom printed products for your business.
Reference: Darwin, Charles. “5 Reasons Why Promotional Products Are Crucial for Any Business.” designhill. https://www.designhill.com/design-blog/5-reasons-why-promotional-products-are-crucial-for-any-business/. Accessed 15 Feb 2018.