Weiss Bros. Positions
Our people make Weiss Bros. stand out from the crowd. We could not maintain our robust network of partnerships without the support of our warehouse staff, professional drivers, internal coordinators, sales consultants, and administrative staff. We are always looking for talented people that fit in with our team and reflect our core values.
Listed below are links to our current openings:
Job Title: Field Service Support (VMI)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm (flexible schedule as needed)
Reports to: Sales Manager
Field Service Support (FSS) works with customers in the VMI program to provide inventory solutions for their facility supply needs. The FSS supports in the field by setting up new storerooms, maintaining inventory and product needs of existing storerooms and coordinating with internal departments such as sales and customer service to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Travel through assigned territory to ensure the storerooms of VMI customers are stocked in accordance with customer needs and pre-determined inventory and product specifications.
• Stock shelves, place orders, perform cycle counting and correct overstock positions. Responsible for maintaining and adjusting min/max levels and keeping storerooms organized and clean.
• Ensure accuracy of all orders and support with logistics as appropriate; assist with product delivery if needed.
• Perform administrative duties to including maintaining data in the company’s operating system (DDI) and basic data entry in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Engage with VMI customers daily to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Leverage in-depth knowledge of Weiss Bros products and services to provide customer solutions.
• Communicate thoroughly and frequently with internal partners such as sales, transportation, customer service and management to ensure proper coordination and execution to meet customer needs.
• Set-up new storerooms and support with client conversions including identifying products, establishing min/max levels, setting up shelves and labeling bins.
• Provide feedback to Sales management on recommended changes or enhancements to the program.
1-3 years of experience providing field-based customer support
Ability to professionally engage with customers in the field
Willingness to spend most of your workday with local travel within 60 miles of Hagerstown, MD
Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external customers
Basic computer proficiency to include basic data entry in Excel
Keen attention to detail and organizational skills
Basic math skills – multiplication, division, fractions
Ability to work independently and as a team
A valid Driver’s License and safe driving history
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
• Must be able to frequently lift to 50 pounds and move more than 100 pounds.
• The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is regularly required to work in an office, warehouse, or outdoor environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this position, employee regularly drives to customer locations and works in other warehouse/storeroom environments.
• Position will require employee to travel between sites in all types of weather and employee may be subjected to all types of weather conditions.