5 Tips to Clean your Facility
As the pandemic continues, many facilities are being asked to clean more regularly, and more intensively, than in the past. These new standards can cause unique challenges for employees, especially when it comes to training staff to know what to clean and how to clean it properly. At Weiss Bros., our teams are dedicated to helping you overcome these difficulties, ensuring that your facility remains safely sanitized.
Here are five (5) tips that can help you keep your facility clean, and your staff and customers safe:
1. Using Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a must for all facilities staff! Ensure that your team has access to gloves, masks, goggles, face shields, and disposable garments. It’s also important to train your team on how to properly equip and remove PPE correctly and safely.
2. Using a Two-Step Cleaning Process will maximize your protection. The first step, cleaning, removes pollutants from surfaces, depriving dangerous germs of the food they need to multiply. The second step, disinfecting, destroys microorganisms (germs and bacteria). Make sure to use an EPAS registered disinfectant (read more below).
3. Use EPA Registered Disinfectants – You can find a full list of approved and registered disinfectants here.
4. It’s important to let your cleaning chemicals sit on surfaces for an appropriate amount of time before wiping clean with a towel or microfiber cloth. This is called “dwell time,” and ensures the chemical works correctly. Dwell Time varies by product, so be sure to check each bottle before use.
5. It’s especially important to identify the common “touch points” in your facility. These are incredibly important to clean and disinfect, and include places like doorknobs, light switches, copiers and printers, and anywhere else that are frequently “touched” by staff or customers in your facility.
To get more help with your cleaning program, reach out to our team today to schedule a free discovery meeting!